Webinar: How To Influence And Persuade
Influencing and persuading skills are indispensable in modern organisations. Command and control structures have given way to less hierarchical, cross-team working where you get things done by inspiring and persuading.
In 90 minutes participants will learn how to develop their personal influence by:
- understanding the difference between influencing and persuading
- identifying their preferred influencing style: a self-evaluation
- identifying and practising 10 key interpersonal skills for influencing
Aimed atALL researchers - doctoral and postdoctoral researchers
Key learning outcomes
The greatest impact you can have as a leader is to influence someone.Using real life insights and practical examples we will:
- Reflect on the difference between influencing and persuading
- Identify your preferred influencing style
- Get to know the 3 things all great influencers do
- Explore the 10 key interpersonal skills for influencing.
Session outline and aims
We explore the difference between influencing and persuading and participants identify the one person they need to influence most in the workplace.
We learn about the three things all great influencers do and we identify the ten key interpersonal skills for influencing.
In the workshop participants practise two key influencing skills – keeping things simple and asking great questions.
Specific skills focused on in this session
Critical thinking, inter and intrapersonal skills
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login