Structural Equation Modelling using SPSS AMOS Graphics
This introductory course will explain the principles of AMOS (Analysis of a MOment Structures) and how it is used to perform Structural Equation Modelling (SEM). The session will focuse on how to use AMOS graphical software to generate path analysis, confirmatory factor analysis and full structural models.
Aimed atThe target audience for this course are: academic researchers, academics, and PhD students, who want to have a clear understanding Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) using IBM SPSS AMOS graphics.
A knowledge of multiple linear regression and factor analysis are very important.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Structural Equation Modeling
- Appreciate the types of research questions well suited to SEM
- Gain an overview of the underlining assumptions of SEM methods
- Use AMOS graphics to create Structural Equation Modelling diagrams
- Path analysis, confirmatory analysis
- How to improve the model fit
- You will learn how to interpet the output
Specific skills focused on in this session
Research and information literacy, critical thinking skills
Health and Safety and general notice
Participants will be viewing presentations projected onto a SMART Board screen. Participants will be required to use a desktop PC or laptop during the workshop.
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login