SPSS and statistics: 1 DAY TRAINING
This course is designed to develop the skill and confidence needed to select the correct statistics to analyse your data and to draw informed conclusions; to understand when and how to use Chi-squared, Ttest, and One-way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Correlation and Regression.
Aimed atDoctoral Researchers (mid stage, final stage)
Participants on this course should have had an introduction to SPSS software.
Participants are encouraged to bring data files they wish to analyse.
Before attending this 1-day workshop,
View the online video tutorials, recommended by the Trainer at: http://people.cst.cmich.edu/lee1c/spss/toc.htm
Time will be set aside to examine each participant's data and provide suggestions and corrections.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the difference of data types- categorical (nominal and ordinal) and continuous.
- Understand data types and their relationship to the choice of summary and inference statistics.
- Understand the assumptions of using parametric or non-parametric tests
- Learn when and how to use parametric tests such as chi-squared, Ttest, ANOVA, Correlation and Regression and the non-parametric equivalents.
- Learn how to establish a statistical significant finding and how to report it.
Specific skills focused on in this session
Research and information literacy
Health and Safety and general notice
Participants will be viewing presentations projected onto a SMART Board screen. Participants will be required to use a desktop PC or laptop during the workshop.
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login