NVIVO: Hands-on introduction for BEGINNERS
Start your qualitative project hands-on workshop. This workshop is designed for the complete beginner as well as those who have used previous versions of the software.
You will learn how to work with variety of data such as documents, pdfs, audios, videos, pictures, spreadsheets, web pages, tweets, Facebook, blogs, and LinkedIn data.
Aimed atDoctoral Researchers (early stage, mid stage) and early career Doctoral Researchers.
Practice data files are provided to use for learning how to use NVivo for your main project.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explore how NVivo works through a sample project.
- Learn to code finds into thematic framework.
- Generate visuals for poster presentation and save incredible amount of time.
- Create a practice project.
- Import into the practice different types of data i.e. documents, pdfs, social media content, video and audio into the project.
- Create memos for field notes, reflective notes, supervision meeting notes, annotations, hyperlinks and See Also Links.
- Read and code data into both open codes and structured thematic coding framework to organise growing themes.
Time will be set aside to examine each participant's project and provide needed suggestions, corrections and efficiency tips.
Session outline and aims
This is an interactive and practical workshop.
Specific skills focused on in this session
Research and information literacy, critical thinking skills
Health and Safety and general notice
Participants will be viewing presentations projected onto a SMART Board screen. Participants will be required to use a desktop PC or laptop during the workshop.
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login