The Good Viva Video
Based on specially scripted drama scenarios and expert interviews, The Good Viva Video was produced with advice from Professor John Wakeford, Director of the Missenden Centre for the Development of Higher Education. It will enable students to prepare for their vivas effectively and take some of the fear out of the experience.
Aimed atResearch students
Key learning outcomes
Video offers practical advice for the PhD VIVA. Topics include:
- What is a viva?
- How important is it to your degree?
- How do vivas differ between disciplines?
- How can you prepare?
- Should you relax or panic?
- What are the roles of the internal and external examiners, the chair and your supervisor?
- How are examiners chosen?
- What questions should you expect?
- How to use a practice viva.
- Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your thesis.
- What are the examiners looking for?
- Coping with examiners’ mistakes or aggressive questions.
- Understanding the outcome
View or register via
Direct link: www.brunel.ac.uk/Good-VIVA-Video
View via BlackBoard Learn: Communities > GRADUATE SCHOOL – RESOURCES > Researcher Development Programme > Video Resources > The Good Viva Video
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login