MATLAB: Getting started
This session aims to provide hands-on introduction to Matlab.
This session will introduce Matlab software tool and take you through very basic exercises which enable the learners to understand the benefits of software.
MATLAB (matrix laboratory) is a multi-paradigm numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language.
Aimed atAny Doctoral Researchers or Doctoral Research staff who is unfamiliar with Matlab
No prior knowledge or use of Matlab needed. I assume you are a complete beginner without any experience.
Key learning outcomes
This training will enable the participant to get a basic working knowledge of MATLAB.
This session aims to cover the following areas:
- Enter commands in MATLAB to perform calculations and create variables.
- Edit in the Command Window.
- Use built-in functions and constants.
- Create MATLAB variables that contain multiple elements.
- Extract and modify rows, columns, and elements of MATLAB arrays.
- Use the MATLAB documentation to discover information about MATLAB features.
- Visualize variables using MATLAB's plotting functions.
Specific skills focused on in this session
Research and information literacy
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login