NVIVO: Managing literature sources for BEGINNERS
Aimed atResearchers (early stage, mid stage)
Key learning outcomes
- Import into NVivo, literature sources, either as files or directly from reference manager software such as EndNote, RefWorks, Mendeley, and Zotero libraries
- Add annotations of ideas, explanations, and interpretations to key points in data.
- Compare and critically evaluate the works of various authors by using framework matrices.
- Use Node Matrix to compare different authors by topics to see which themes are well covered and which themes need further exploration.
- Generate 'Word Cloud' of key words for poster presentation.
- Use Models to present findings graphically.
- Use queries to carry out in-depth analysis of the literature.
- Import findings and analytical memos to Word for writing up.
Session outline and aims
This is an interactive and practical workshop.
Specific skills focused on in this session
Research and information literacy, critical thinking skills
Health and Safety and general notice
Participants will be viewing presentations projected onto a SMART Board screen. Participants will be required to use a desktop PC or laptop during the workshop.
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login