Publishing in academic journals: tips to help you succeed
This workshop will guide you through the process of getting a paper published – from choosing a journal, to what to think about when writing to improve your chances of publication, and then on to how to navigate the peer review process and what you can do once your article is published to increase its impact.
Aimed atDoctoral Researchers
Please note that you are expected to attend the whole workshop.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the steps involved for authors in publishing a journal article
- Be better able to choose appropriate journals to publish in
- Learn how to improve their chances of publication
- Be able to navigate their way through the peer-review process
- Be aware of ways of promoting their published paper to increase its impact
& Dr Senthila Quirke, Senior Graduate School Tutor, Brunel Graduate School
Specific skills focused on in this session
Health and Safety and general notice
Participants will be viewing presentations projected onto a SMART Board screen. Participants may be required to work in groups. Refreshments may be available at the venue.
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login