Media skills: A practical workshop
This training will prepare the participant for media interviews, to get the most out of them for the researcher and the university, and to encourage them to seek out media opportunities.
Aimed atResearchers (mid stage, final stage), Research staff
This allows the Trainers to tailor the session specific to your research. You will not be permitted to attend without submitting this summary prior to attending.
Key learning outcomes
- Know how to identify newsworthy, 'media-friendly' elements in their research
- Know how to 'pitch' their research to the media
- Master techniques for taking control of the interview and for answering difficult or hostile questions
- Be confident in giving expert comments to the media
- Be confident in giving interviews to print media, radio and TV
Session outline and aims
This is an interactive and practical workshop.
Specific skills focused on in this session
Health and Safety and general notice
Participants will be viewing presentations projected onto a SMART Board screen. Participants will be expected to speak on camera and be recorded for training purposes. These recordings will be given to the participants after the session.
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login