Publishing quality papers
The Quality Papers course delivered by ThinkWrite has been run hundreds of times in universities throughout north Europe. The 10-step process helps young researchers get a headstart in the process of creating publishable work.
Aimed atDoctoral Researchers, Doctoral Research staff
This is a practical and 'hands on' workshop. To make the most of the session you will need to bring the following:
- An idea of a paper you would like to write
- Printed copies of two to four papers that have been published recently in your target journal (where you would like to publish in). Where possible select papers that also cover similar research to your own in terms of methodological approaches and subject area. Choose well-written papers to help you guide your writing
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this session participants will:
- Identify journal's requirments and paper structures
- Write a message that sums up their findings and ideas
- Use this message and the journal's structure to decide what to include
Specific skills focused on in this session
Writing and publishing skills; communications skills.
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login