Careers: One to one consultations
You can book a confidential one to one careers consultation with our specialist careers consultant for researchers Dr Louise Bamford to discuss career topics chosen by you, which could include one or more of the following:
- Reflecting on your own experience, skills, interests and values
- Planning how to actively boost your professional development throughout your research period
- Exploring your career options, including careers in and outside academia
- Developing effective job search strategies, including the use of effective networking
- Optimizing your CV, cover letters and application statements
- Preparing for interviews and assessment tasks
Please email Louise at email@example.com to arrange a mutually convenient appointment.
Aimed atALL researchers - doctoral and postdoctoral researchers
You are encouraged to look through the targeted online careers information and advice in the careers support for researchers pages on the intranet prior to the consultation.
Consultations are typically up to 1 hour in length and can take place face to face (when permitted) or by Teams or telephone.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of the consultation you will have had an opportunity to seek careers advice and plan your next steps.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mutually convenient time for the consultation
Specific skills focused on in this session
Career management skills
You must login to see and book workshop dates.Login